Varicose veins can lead to chronic pain and discomfort, which usually experience by old age people and pregnant women. In order to get rid of this health condition during pregnancy, you need to understand each and everything related to this condition. Here, in this guide you will get proper knowledge about each and everything.
Varicose veins in a chronic condition which leads to severe pain and discomfort. These are mostly experienced by old age people and pregnant women. If you are pregnant and suffering from varicose veins then you must change your lifestyle habits. If the condition is severe then you can also go with varicose veins treatment, but you need to understand all the factors related to this condition.
Causes of Varicose Veins in the Pregnancy period
There are several causes of varicose veins such as-:
- You may experience this condition due to the increased amount of blood in your veins.
- Fluctuations in hormones are normal during pregnancy and high levels of hormones known as progesterone lead to this condition. In addition to this, this is the pregnancy hormone, which is responsible to relax veins wall and which further results in swelling.
- Last but not least, many pregnant ladies experience this condition because of the growing uterus.
And all these causes results in-:
- Itchy ankles
- Swollen legs, feet, and ankles
- You will surely experience the leg cramps and throbbing.
- Discomfort and severe pain.
- Change in skin color around your veins.
Well, these symptoms are too serious if you are in your pregnancy period. You need to meet a specialist as soon as possible. Because otherwise, it will lead you to many health problems. And may your doctor recommend you some other treatment options or you can treat your condition with lifestyle changes.
How to manage symptoms of varicose veins in the pregnancy period?
There are some tips to manage signs of varicose vein condition if you are pregnant. These include-:
Don’t stick to one posture all the time
If you are a job holder then don’t stick to a single posture all the time, because this leads to varicose vein problem. You should take some regular breaks so that you can relax for some time.
You must go for a walk daily in order to keep yourself fit and healthy. And this is necessary to reduce the risk of varicose vein problem during pregnancy.
Go with flats
Don’t wear heels all the time, because these are responsible for this condition. You must wear flats so that you can reduce the risk of a serious condition and this is necessary to treat varicose vein condition.
Watch your weight and salt consumption
You should maintain a healthy weight and also check your consumption of salt. Because overconsumption of salt leads to many problems not only varicose vein.