Liposuction is the most common and result oriented procedure being performed all over the world to shape up the body. Mainly this plastic surgical procedure is done to remove the extra fat from the various body parts to give pleasing look to the patient as desired.
The name liposuction is combination of two words lipo and suction lipo is the instrument the suck the extra fat from body to slim and reshape it according to realistic demand of person. In simple words it the procedures that can remove that fat from your body which you are fail to remove with diet and exercise on permanent basis.
On Which Body Parts Liposuction Can Be Performed?
Liposuction surgery can be performed for only specific areas as follows
- inner knee
- hips and buttocks
What Is Local (Tumescent) Liposuction?
It is the most popular form of liposuction surgery in India as it is quite effective, less painful and result oriented. It is the outpatient procedure performed with local anesthesia not with general one.
In this procedure large amount of solution containing local anesthesia, the drug to contract blood vessels and the intravenous salt solution into subcutaneous fat has been injected. This solution helps in numbing the area, reduction in blood loss, bruising and swelling after procedure respectively. The medicated solution is injected to areas from where the extra fat needs to be removed.
After this surgeon will make small incision in a skin to insert cannula with which small vacuum like machine is connected to such the extra fat from fatty layer of targeted area.
- It is less painful and even patient will have lesser swelling and bruising after surgery.
- No side effects of general anesthesia and IV sedatives
- No much blood loss
- Faster recovery
Things To Consider
Before surgery patient must avoid few things like
- He needs to stop smoking or tobacco consumption two weeks before the surgery.
- Patient must avoid shaving the areas nearby body part to be contoured
- Patient is advised to stop consumption of alcohol two weeks before and after the surgery to avoid infection and for faster recovery
- Patient is not advised to eat after midnight on the night before procedure
- Patient should wear loose and comfortable clothes before and after surgery.
Can I Be Candidate For Tumescent Liposuction?
This procedure is for all means both men and women can go for this procedure but one must have good health. You can go for this procedure if you have good medical history and you are hale and hearty. If you have any infection or allergy from any medication then you must discuss with surgeon beforehand.
Even patient should not have problem of heart and hypertension as it can increase the complications of surgery.