Treatment of Varicose Veins Using Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT)
Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT) is an excellent Varicose Vein treatment approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) organization and also recognized by American Medical Association (AMA). EVLT Technology uses a laser optical fiber, which is directed into the vein to correct the veins with the help of an ultrasound. The energy is delivered into the vein using a laser light
With LAKHTA- MILON 970nm Diode Laser, EVLT treatment is excellent and so are the results.
The procedure of EVLT Technology
- The procedure is performed under local anesthesia or as the dermatologist may observe.
- After marking, equipment and any other needed operative devices are set. These include the thermal ablation device, a venous access kit, sterilizing solutions, tumescent solution, an ultra probe cover, and sterile barriers are required.
- With DUS, the access region will be observed. A cutting will be made to facilitate entry of the sheath into the body.
- With the help of an ultrasound or sonography, an access needle is inserted into the longest vein (Saphenous vein). A 21G puncture set is necessary when the diameter of the vein is 4mm.
- A guidewire will be directed into the body and intravenous placement is confirmed. The sheath is directed and placed over the wire.
- The sheath is positioned for ELA for ablation. The laser fiber will be introduced into the sheath and the entire sheath will be removed
- The laser fiber will be connected to the generator and the light beam will be directed into the laser fiber
- After the operation, the entire sheath or fiber will be removed from the vein