What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a cosmetic technique where chemical solutions are applied on the face to cause a slight damage and as the skin heals in a natural manner, a new layer is witnessed.
Once a chemical peel is applied, the appearance of the face, neck, and the hands are fully changed.
Most chemical peels like Phenol peels are applied by the dermatologist since they can cause intense damage to the skin if poorly used
Each type of a chemical peel is used after an examination by the dermatologist
TYPES OF CHEMICAL PEELS
Chemical peels are mostly grouped depending on the harm or damage they cause on the skin. Some impose a less effect while others more and they reach to the deeper layers of the skin.
A chemical peel is usually a combination of
- Alpha-hydroxy Acids
- Beta-hydroxy Acids
- Salicylic Acid
- Trichloroacetic Acid
- Lactic Acid
A Superficial Peel
Usually, Alpha-hydroxy Acids is used with other mild solutions in the procedure. The solution is spread on the face to thoroughly remove all the blemishes, wrinkles, and other irregularities. This particular peel is not strong and will cause an effect only on the outer skin layer
A Medium Peel
A medium peel will penetrate to the middle layers of the skin. Trichloroacetic Acid is used in the process to remove the damaged cells from the middle layers of the skin. Benefits
- Clears discoloration
- Removes age spots
- Removes Wrinkles and Fine lines
- Removes freckles
- Smoothens the skin
A Deep Peel
Phenol is applied since it causes a deep damage to the skin. It is a tough peel and only administered by a dermatologist after a patient’s approval. Benefits
Removes wrinkles, fine lines, scars, age spots and so on
What are chemical peels used for?
Chemical peels are used to treat many skin conditions. A chemical peel selected by a dermatologist and applied aesthetically will produce good results in the following cases;
- Acne scars– they are a product of acne and they are inflamed blemishes
- Scars– there are many types of scars got from burns or any kind of wound. Chemical peels can also be used to clear the scars
- Aging skin– it is a natural process, but good enough its effects can be reduced by chemical peels
- Sun Damaged skin– over exposure to the sun can cause a lot of skin damage, leaving you with patches or a depigmented skin
- Crow’s feet– they are also known as laugh lines and they are wrinkles that appear on the outer corner of the eyes.
- Wrinkles– they are a result of aging and they can appear in any part of the body, but most especially the face and the neck
- Sagging skin– it is a result of loss of collagen and elastin. Chemical peels can help you achieve a firm skin.
A chemical peel treatment in India will work best for fair or light skinned patients. Anyone with infections or other medical conditions shouldn’t just get the procedure. Others excluded are;
- Lactating mothers or pregnant women
- Those who may have bleached in the past
- One with Eczema, Dermatitis or Psoriasis
Side-effects of a Chemical Peel
- Temporal or permanent damage to the skin
The recovery period is determined by the type of chemical peel used. A superficial peel will require 2 to 6 days to effectively heal. A medium peel can take a week and some days, whereas a deep peel requires 3 weeks for a complete recovery
The cost of Chemical Peel Treatment
Due to the fact that there are different types of chemical peels and each used for a different purpose, likewise, a chemical peel treatment cost in India differs. The dermatologist met and the chemical solution used can increase or decrease the cost of the chemical peel in India
Easy TCA Peel
Easy TCA Chemical Peel falls in the category of a medium depth peel used for rejuvenating the skin. The chemical peel leaves wonders when performed by an experienced dermatologist. It is one of the most effective and quickest treatments to bring about desired changes in the skin. It is used for;
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Uneven skin texture
- Acne scars
- Skin Damage
- Enlarged pores
- Superficial skin rejuvenation
- Stretch marks
The Easy TCA Peel will bring about the following for all skin types;
- Softening of wrinkles & fine lines
- Total skin rejuvenation
- Lightens the skin
- Leaves you with a better skin appearance
LAP + GK Peel
A Melas Peel is a cosmetic treatment applied by a dermatologist on the affected area to exfoliate the dead or affected skin. It is commonly thought to be a herbal cream that causes lightening of the skin.
When is it used?
It is an ultimate solution for;
- Dark Circles
- Removal of burn scars
The treatment can be performed by a dermatologist, but there are over-the-counter Melas creams that can be applied at home.
- Irritation of the skin
- Burning sensation in case one gets exposed to the sun
- Allergy in some people
It is also known as Retises CT chemical peel which is a combination of various components such as;
- Ascorbyl glucoside
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B3
The chemical peel is applied on the skin to cause exfoliation, remove dead cells, and revive the epidermis layer. The new skin totally refreshed and pleasant
Using combination peels produces more results that can’t be attained by one type of peel
When is it used?
- To treat photoaging
- In case of Hyperpigmentation
- Stretch marks
- Fine lines
- It stimulates collagen production
- Refreshes the skin
- Removes dead cells and acts as natural moisturizers
No Melon Phenol Peel
A phenol peel is a strong peel that penetrates to the deeper layers of the skin. It is applied to the patient after local anesthesia is administered
Advantages of the No Melon Phenol Peel
- Removes wrinkles, especially those around the eyes and the lips
- Lightens the skin
- Improves firmness
- Changes the texture
- Improve the general facial appearance
The No Melon Phenol Peel is a good resurfacing agent, though may be expensive for many patients. It must be applied by a dermatologist after an examination to achieve the best results and avoid complications from the treatment.
DRL Revela 50%
TCA Gel Peel
It is a powerful exfoliator in dermatology used to treat the following;
- Hyperpigmentation by removing dark spots, acne marks, freckles, and sun spots
- Reduce fine lines
- Improve skin texture
- Removes all kinds of blemishes
- Removes scars
- Reduce fine lines that occur due to premature aging
TCA Gel Peel is carefully applied to the facial regions, neck, to cause exfoliation and since it penetrates to the deeper layers of the skin, TCA gel peel will remove all irregularities, correct congested pores and cause skin revival.
The TCA Gel Peel will lighten your skin in a controlled manner